Every month we choose an organization or charity to give back to. It's very important to us to give back to our community and those who are less fortunate. During the month of August, we chose to work with The Navigation Center. We're donating tons of our adult clothes to them.
Clothing Donations to Support The Navigation Center
The Navigation Center is located here in Charleston, SC. The Navigation Center takes a multi-faceted approach to helping those who are unhoused or at-risk of becoming unhoused. Each person is unique and faces individual challenges that require person-centered solutions. With their nonprofit serving as a central hub, they're able to connect each family or individual with resources to help address their situation. They're coalition of providers works together to ensure positive outcomes for those we serve.
Staggering Homeless Statistics
DID YOU KNOW
- Families - Nearly 25% of our clients are homeless with family with 75% being homeless at time of intake.
- Mothers - Over 330 of our clients are single mothers, including dozens who are experiencing domestic violence.
- Children - More than 900 children are served by The Navigation Center
- Veterans - One-third of our clients have served our nation yet face homelessness.
Ways To Participate and Give Back
Financial Donations - Give the Gift of Hope
There are several way you can give back and help The Navigation Center. You can make a donation and give the gift of hope.
Item Donations - Ongoing Needs for People
In addition to financial support, they also have an ongoing need for many items.
- Bottled water
- Paper towels
- Toilet towels
- Coffee, creamer, sugar
- Blankets (during winter months)
- Hats, ponchos and gloves
- Cleaning supplies (Lysol/Clorox wipes)
- Office supplies (such as paper, pens, sticky notes, etc.)
- Bike locks
- CARTA bus passes
Volunteer - Give the Gift of Time
You can also give the gift of time and volunteer. Volunteers are essential for them to fulfill their mission and help out with the below:
- Helping out with our clothes closet
- Helping to serve dinner
- Donating or making lunch or dinner
- Helping with administrative needs in the office
If you have any questions for them, please reach out to The Navigation Center (855) 355-1200.
Pin Me 📌 Clothing Donations to The Navigation Center
Do you have a charity or program you'd like us to consider spotlighting one month? Please feel free to reach out to us email@example.com. To learn more about our other Shrimp and Grits Gives Back, read Sullivan's Island Beach Sweep, Postpartum Support Charleston - Diaper Drive, and Walk For Water - Water Missions.